Piles during pregnancy are quite common due to the level of certain hormones. In particular, the hormone progesterone that relaxes the veins and blood vessels increases the chance to develop piles during pregnancy.
As the weight of the baby in the womb grows, it puts more pressure on the veins which can also increase the likelihood of suffering from hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
A step-wise approach is taken to treat or prevent piles that develop during pregnancy, and various measures are required to obtain relief from piles symptoms. Our experts of piles treatment at the Gut care clinic, in this article, explain the symptoms and treatment for piles in pregnancy.
The swollen blood vessels will become painful and uncomfortable during or after passing a stool. The most common symptoms include:
- Blood after passing the stool: When you sit and strain to pass a stool, you will see blood after passing the stool.
- Itching around the bottom: There will be a burning sensation and severe itching every time you try to pass the stool.
- Feel of being full and need of emptying: The swollen blood vessels keep pressurizing the rectum area which creates the feeling of fullness and a need to empty it even after passing a stool.
- Discharge of Mucus: There will be a mucus discharge every time after passing a stool in piles during pregnancy.
- Lumps: A lump hanging outside the anus that needs to push in back every time after every bowel movement.
Treatments can significantly reduce the itching and discomfort caused due to piles in pregnancy. Some of them include:
- Topical Ointments: They have anti-inflammatory properties which can provide relief from pain and bleeding.
- Laxatives: Laxatives are prescribed if piles are caused due to constipation. These can help to reduce the pressure on the lower colon and pass stools more smoothly and easily.
- Over the counter remedy: Apply witch hazel medicated pads to the inflamed anal area
- Surgical options: Patients who have consistent symptoms even after a month of conservative therapy, need piles surgery.
To prevent constipation and piles during pregnancy follow some essential diets which include:
- Fiber-rich diet: Take a diet that has fruits and vegetables and foods which are rich in fiber for a smooth bowel movement.
- Ripe banana in a cup of milk: Boil a ripe banana in a cup of milk and drink it 3-4 times a day which makes the bowel movement regular
- Buttermilk with carom seed powder: Take a glass of buttermilk with carom seed powder and a pinch of salt which also helps in treating piles (hemorrhoids).
Avoid taking the following diet when you have piles in pregnancy White bread
- Milk, cheese, and other dairy products
- Frozen meals and fast food
- Ice creams
Do not let piles ruin your journey to parenthood. When you notice the symptoms of piles in pregnancy, it is always recommended to reach out to experts of piles treatment for the exact treatment solutions.
Call +91 8431 550 550 today!